vishous

vishouliciously_suited&tied

Stealing the Wind (Mermen of Ea #1)
Shira Anthony
Stinger (Sign of Love, #3)
Mia Sheridan
Where She Went - Gayle Forman When it comes to first book it didn't rock my world and I almost didn't read the sequel but thank god that his point of view made me curious! This was my forth time I reread it, what can I say, I'm soft when it comes to Adam :)ABOUT THE STORYIt has been three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life. Now she is a Juilliard's rising star and he is a rock star with a celebrity girlfriend.Luckily for us he decides to stay one more night in New York ...MIAI was so sorry for her, loosing her family in first book, and I kinda understood her leaving everything even him but I didn't wan't that to happen either. Adam didn't know if Mia heard him in a coma (book#1) or not but he was serious about his promise he made just so she could wake up and therefor he let her go...“If you stay, I'll do whatever you want. I'll quit the band, go with you to New York. But if you need me to go away, I'll do that, too. I was talking to Liz and she said maybe coming back to your old life would be too painful, that maybe it'd be easier for you to erase us. And that would suck, but I'd do it. I can lose you like that if I don't lose you today. I'll let you go. If you stay.”"She kissed me good-bye. She told me that she loved me more than life itself. Then she stepped through security.She never came back."ADAMThrough the book, as you read it, he remembers how was it with her, how he felt when she left and how he poured all his feelings into his music. Every chapter begins with a verse form one of his songs, with his feelings and ache for her.My sweet, poor Adam... He can't function in that world anymore and doesn't know how to tell his band that he has had enough of it..."How do I tell any of them, that the music, the adrenaline, the love, all the things that mitigate how hard this has become, all of that’s gone? All that’s left is this vortex. And I’m right on the edge of it. My entire body is shaking. I’m losing it. A day might be just twenty-four hours but sometimes getting through just one seems as impossible as scaling Everest."But then he stumbles on a poster with Mia playing in Carnegie Hall and this beautiful heart-breaking story begins..."I look up again. Her eyes are still there, still staring at me.... I don’t want to see her, I tell myself. I won’t see her. I only want to hear her..."So he takes a deep breath and goes to see her concert. The way he describes her when she plays cello, the way he sees everything about her, the way he devours every tiny bit about her is just so sad to read because he never stopped loving her and he always hated that she left him even though he made a promise to let her go. But he didn't know that she saw him during her play...That first meeting after those three years of separation, the way he felt it was so hearth-breaking..."...and suddenly she’s there. Really there. A flesh-and-blood person, not a specter. My first impulse is not to grab her or kiss her or yell at her. I simply want to touch her cheek, still flushed from the night’s performance. I want to cut through the space that separates us, measured in feet—not miles, not continents, not years—and to take a callused finger to her face. I want to touch her to make sure it’s really her, not one of those dreams I had so often after she left when I’d see her as clear as day, be ready to kiss her or take her to me only to wake up with Mia just beyond reach. But I can’t touch her. This is a privilege that’s been revoked. Against my will, but still. Speaking of will, I have to mentally hold my arm in place, to keep the trembling from turning it into a jackhammer..."The way he wants to ask her all the questions that are torturing him but needs to get a grip in front of her, to play cool and not to show her any emotions how she hurt him when she left and never called back... that first touch, a handshake, his feelings... i could just cry from the very beginning of the book...I loved it when he compared himself with Humphrey Bogart because Casablanca is one of my all-time favorite movie! And the line fits perfectly!"For a second I think of that line in Casablanca when Bogartsays: Of all the gin joints in the world, she has to walk into mine. But then I remind myself that I walked into her gin joint."I cold just go on and on and put like millions of spoilers but that would just be rude of me :) This whole book was so emotional and all of his thoughts, all of his unspoken questions, all of his memories just makes you so sad how he craves for her even after everything what happened and all the time lost between them just makes you wanna cry through the whole book... He can't help but wonder how she tries to be normal with him after all those years of no contact between them, like nothing happened... “I get it now. I have to make good on my promise. To let her go. To really let her go. To let us both go.” But as the night goes by she explains him why she left... “I needed to hate someone and you’re the one I love the most, so it fell on you.” “You were so busy trying to be my savior that you left me all alone.” “I know what I did to you was so wrong, but at the time it also felt so necessary to my survival. I don't know if those two things can both be true, but that's how it was.”... they discover how it never stopped, how it was always him for her and how she was always the only one for him...“I look at her there in the shadows of the shut-down city, her hair falling onto her face, and I can see her trying to figure out if I’ve lost it. And I have to fight the urge to take her by the shoulders and slam her against a shuttered building until we feel the vibrations ringing through both of us. Because I suddenly want to hear her bones rattle. I want to feel the softness of her flesh give, to hear her gasp as my hip bone jams into her. I want to yank her head back until her neck is exposed. I want to rip my hands through her hair until her breath is labored. I want to make her cry and then lick up the tears. And then I want to take my mouth to hers, to devour her alive, to transmit all the things she can’t understand.”And finally their kiss ....“And our lips. There isn't enough skin, enough spit, enough time, for the lost years that our lips are trying to make up for as they find each other. We kiss. The electric current switches to high. The lights throughout all of Brooklyn must be surging.”This book is one of my favorite and I know I'll be rereading it more because you can not NOT love Adam! It is simply impossible... his mind captures you from start and you just can't stop reading...